Ooooo….it is with great delight that I share who last year’s most influential young Tanzanian was. Why? Because this person is a fellow young Tanzanian blogger like me!
This past year has been an eventful one for the Tanzanian blogosphere, what with the government instituting new stringent regulations on Tanzanian bloggers.
I won’t discuss that issue any further, but suffice it to say that the news from Tanzania’s blogging world is not all stark.
The Tanzanian blogosphere is alive and well and still has a lot of influence on Tanzanians as a whole.
Want to know which young Tanzanian blogger made the top of the Most Influential Young Tanzanians list? Keep reading to find out!
Blogger & on-air personality, Millard Ayo has been voted the 2018 Most Influential Young Tanzanian in the 2nd edition of the annual ranking poll by the international African rating firm, Avance Media.
Millard Ayo was nominated in the Media category while he amassed the endorsement from voters who participated in the 2018 polls of the 50 Most Influential Young Tanzanians.
Millard Ayo is the founder of AYO TV and Millardayo.com, one of Tanzania’s most recognized, trusted and reliable digital media companies, which has one of the biggest social media followings and largest online audiences in Tanzania.
Millard also works with Clouds FM Tanzania as on-air personality.
The ranking which was launched in 2017 by Avance Media had footballer Mbwana Samatta being voted the 2017 Most Influential Young Tanzanian.
Following keenly behind Millard Ayo in the 2018 ranking are last year’s winner Mbwana Samatta (footballer), Jokate Mwegelo (District Commissioner), Faraja Nyalandu (Shule Direct) and Diamond Platnumz (musician) who were voted among the top 5 most influential young Tanzanians.
District Commissioner for Kisarawe, Jokate Mwegelo who was nominated in the Law & Governance category also got a nod as the leading woman on the list, crowning her feat as the 2017 Most Influential Young Tanzanian woman.
Sharing insights about 2018’s polls, Prince Akpah, MD of Avance Media stated that the ranking was instituted to highlight the work of young Tanzanians who are contributing in diverse ways towards the advancement of development in Tanzania and across Africa.
Below are winners in the various categories:
- Business – William Mshery – Vijana Think Tank
- Entertainment – Diamond Platnumz – Musician
- Law & Governance – Jokate Mwegelo – District Commissioner, Kisarawe
- Leadership & Civil Society – Doris Mollel – Doris Mollel Foundation
- Lifestyle – DJ Ommy Crazy
- Media – Millard Ayo – Blogger & on-air personality
- Personal Development & Academia – Badru Juma Rajabu – Youth of United Nations Association of Tanzania
- Science & Technology – Jumanne Mtambalike – Sahara Ventures
- Social Entreprise & Philanthropy – Faraja Nyalandu – Shule Direct
- Sports – Mbwana Samatta
Below is the full list of Avance Media’s 2018 50 Most Influential Young Tanzanians as nominated and voted by the public:
- Millard Ayo (Blogger and on-air personality)
- Mbwana Samatta (footballer)
- Jokate Mwegelo (District Commissioner)
- Faraja Nyalandu (Shule Direct)
- Diamond Platnumz (Musician)
- Ali Kiba (Musician)
- Jebra kambole (Advocate)
- DJ Ommy Crazy (DJ)
- Rebeca Gyumi (Msichana Initiative)
- Doris Mollel (Doris Mollel Foundation)
- Badru Juma Rajabu (Youth of United Nations Association of Tanzania)
- William Mshery (Vijana Think Tank)
- Jumanne Mtambalike (Sahara Ventures)
- Salim Mussa Omar (Green Light Foundation)
- Seleman Yusuph Kitenge (African Network of Youth Policy Experts)
- Agnes Kahamba (Tupaze Sauti Foundation)
- Herieth Paul (Model)
- Joseph Sayi (TV1/Kwese)
- Idris Sultan (On-air personality)
- Vanessa Mdee (Musician)
- Isaya Yunge (Somaapps Technologies)
- Diana Mbogo (Millennium Engineers Enterprise)
- Evans Makundi (Evmak)
- Allen Kimambo (Zaidi General Enterprises Limited)
- Lameck Kiula (Jambo Bukoba)
- Alqaim Lalani (Tumaini la Maisha)
- Petrider Paul (Youth for Change Tanzania)
- Jennifer Shigoli (Malkia Investments Company Limited)
- Rose Mmbaga (World Merit Tanzania)
- Felix Manyogote (Child in Action Foundation)
- Wilhelm Oddo (Nlab)
- Salha Kibwana (Her Africa)
- Fortunatus Francis (Photographer)
- Catherine Ruge (Member of Parliament)
- Geline Alfred Fuko (Tangible Initiative for Local Development Tanzania)
- Fahad Awadh (YYTZ Agro Processing)
- Asia Botea (Botea Designs)
- Dina Marios (On-air personality)
- Stephano Temu (Vlogger)
- Paul Makonda (Regional Commissioner)
- Hashim Thabit Manka (basketball player)
- Araika Zawadhafsa Mkulo (Safe Space)
- Wema Sepetu (Actress)
- Mrisho Ngasa (footballer)
- Zainab Katimba (Member of Parliament)
- MC Pilipili (Comedian)
- Hamisi Mandi (On-air personality)
- Shomari Kapombe (footballer)
- Alphonce Simbu (long distance runner)
- Casto Dickson (On-air personality)
The 2018 50 Most Influential Young Tanzanians ranking was conducted by Avance Media in partnership with Blue Blazer International, VIPI State, Jagari Designs, COSDEF Group, 1000 African Voices, CliqAfrica, WatsUp TV & MyNaijaNaira.com.
So there you’ve got it, folks.
Those are the 50 Most Influential Young Tanzanians as nominated and voted by the public. What do you think of this ranking? Please let me know by leaving me a comment below.
Until the next time,
P. S. Are you blogger or website owner who would like to make more money from display ads on your website? If so, check out this free service that helps you do that.
P. P. S. Do you have a product, establishment, event or service that you would like to spread the word about online? If so, go here to find out how I can help you do that.
P. P. P. S. If you enjoyed this post, why not subscribe to my blog to receive an alert whenever I publish a new post? Do you think others would like to know about this ranking of young Tanzanians? If so, please share this post with your friends and followers on social media. Last but not least, you are welcome to refer to this ranking on your own website but, if you do, please remember to link back here. Thank you! 🙂
Photo Credits: RaheemNur