A few evenings ago, while getting some work done, I suddenly had a craving for a stiff drink.
Strangely enough, I was in the mood for a drink that I rarely drink: brandy.
Going with the flow and obeying my craving, I walked to the nearest alcohol vendor and purchased some.
My plan was to drink the brandy mixed with juice, but as I started to pour my drink, I felt like having something more suitable for the cold weather outside.
Off the top of my head, I couldn’t think of a warm cocktail whose ingredients I had in stock, so I ended up concocting a drink with brandy, warm milk, sugar, and cocoa powder—I guess one could call it a hot chocolate laced with brandy.
It was good, but still, I wondered what other warm cocktails I could have made.
I decided to do some research.
First, I was curious to find out if an actual cocktail existed that contained both brandy and milk.
I found one that did: a breakfast cocktail called a Brandy Milk Punch.
A Brandy Milk Punch contains milk, brandy, and nutmeg, but unlike my concoction from the previous night, is meant to be served cold and on ice. (Click here for the recipe.)
I continued my internet search to find out more about warm cocktails.
My research led me to a website called DrinkOfTheWeek.Com, which had just the information I was looking for.
On DrinkOfTheWeek.com, I found recipes for 14 such cocktails.
I’ve reproduced a list of these cocktails here as well as provided a short description of the contents of each cocktail.
To see the actual recipe for any of the cocktails, just click on the drink’s name.
READ ALSO: Bacardi Black Rum & Bacardi Gold
14 Cocktails for Cold Weather
- Boston Tea Punch (Tea with rum, triple sec, and lemon)
- Calypso Coffee (Coffee with Tia Maria and whip cream)
- Chocolate Mint (Hot chocolate with mint liqueur)
- Egg Nog (A rum based cocktail with eggs)
- Connie’s Hot Buttered Rum (A rum based cocktail with ice cream as an ingredient)
- Hot Rumba (Hot chocolate with rum)
- Hot Toddy (Tea with brandy, honey, and lemon)
- Irish Coffee (Coffee with Irish whiskey)
- Italian Toddy (Based on an Italian liquor called Tuaca)
- Keoki Coffee (Coffee with tequila)
- Mexican Coffee (Coffee with rum and Kahlua)
- Mulled Cider – (Apple cider with rum, cloves, and cinnamon)
- Tom & Jerry – (rum, brandy, and eggs topped with water, milk, or coffee)
- Very Merry Cocoa – (Cocoa with a cocktail of liquors)
There you’ve got it: 14 decadent cocktails to warm up your cold nights.
The next time I am in the mood for something warm with a zing, I will know exactly where to begin.
Hopefully, so will you.
READ ALSO: Konyagi vs. Waragi
Wishing you warmth during the rest of the cold season,
Photo Credits: intermixonline.com; sheknows.com