Did you come to this post after Googling “live music Nairobi” ? Are you looking for somewhere interesting to watch a live band? If so, you are in the right place. Let’s get right to it.
Rhumba Live Music Nairobi
If you are looking for some good rhumba joints and/or live bands playing good music in Nairobi today, check out:
- Pots & Palms on Riverside Drive, which has a rhumba night on Thursdays and Saturdays featuring a live band.
- Dolce Club Nairobi on Koinange Street, one of my favorite nightclubs in Nairobi, which has live country music with Sir Elvis every Friday from 2 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Club Vibro in Nairobi West always plays rhumba, sometimes featuring live music and at other times a DJ.
- Dream Village Club in South B has live rhumba bands on most days of the week including Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays (cover charge is usually Ksh. 300). On Sundays, specifically, they feature Lesasa Jocker with Bilenge Musica International Original from 2 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Entrance on Sunday is free.
- Pitstop Grill Bar & Lounge on Langata Road plays strictly rhumba. Every Sunday starting at 3 p.m. until late they host Qlassic Band, who play Afrian music and zilizopendwa.
- Tamambo Karen Blixen features live rhumba with The Calabash Band every Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Airport Lounge, located at Wilson Airport, features the TBM Band every Saturday between 2 p.m and 9 p.m.
- Summers Bar & Grill, at Langata Mall, hosts Baino Band every Wednesday from 4-9 p.m. for Rhumba Wednesdays. It also features, Qlassic Band, every Saturday starting at 4:30 p.m.
- Pots & Kettles, at Valley Arcade in Lavington, hosts TBM Band for a live rhumba experience every Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Other Live Music Nairobi
- K1 Klubhouse, Ojijo Road Parklands: The Untamed Band plays every Sunday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Alfajiri Kilimani Grill, off Dennis Pritt Road in Kilimani: Weavers Band plays every Thursday from 2 p.m to 8 p.m. (free entry)
- The Tunnel, Pili Trade Center on Mombasa Road, different bands play on Wednesdays.
- Alliance Française has a live music event called ShowCase Wednesday once a month. To find out who will be playing at the next ShowCase Wednesday, check out the Alliance Française Facebook page.
- About Thyme Restaurant, in Westlands, has a Sunday brunch that runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with live music from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Dagoz, in Dagoretti Corner, features live music five nights a week from Wednesday to Sunday. The bar also holds morning music sessions starting at 7:00 a.m. (yes, you read that right…7:00 in the morning). To find out more about live music at Dagoz, check out their Facebook page.
- Pots and Kettles, at Valley Arcade in Lavington, features live music–country, blues, and soul–every Sunday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sarabi Rooftop, at Sankara in Westlands, hosts a live band every Saturday starting at 4:00 p.m. These Live Band Saturdays at Sarabi also feature a happy hour from noon to 4 p.m before the band begins to play.
- The Tamarind Tree Hotel in Langata often holds a barbecue and lunch experience from 12:30 – 4:30 p.m. on Sundays that includes entertainment by a live band. To know if they will be holding such an event on an upcoming Sunday, visit their Facebook page.
- Edu’s Bar in Lavington often has live music in the afternoon on the weekends, Friday-Saturday.
A Note About Live Music in Nairobi Today
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, live bands in Nairobi begin and end performing much earlier than usual in order to adhere to the night time curfew of 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Do You Know of Other Good Live Bands Playing Regularly in Nairobi Today?
If so, please let me know in a comment below so I can add it to this list. Thanks in advance!
Roof Top Bars in Nairobi Kenya
There is something special about sitting and whiling away an evening or afternoon at a rooftop bar.
If this is an experience you are seeking in Nairobi, here are a few rooftop bars for you to explore in the city:
READ ALSO: Thorn Tree Cafe, Nairobi